Clarence Chamber of Commerce 2012 HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES
For Businesses with an Employer/Employee Relationship
(Additional guidelines apply for groups of one with no employees.)
One of the many benefits of Chamber membership is the availability of group health insurance. We currently offer coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of WNY, Independent Health, Univera Healthcare and Dental Pay Plus.
· Only business members of the Clarence Chamber and/or their employees who work at least 20 hours per week (Blue Cross & Univera) or at least 17.5 hours per week (Independent Health) are eligible for coverage.
· Current Clarence Chamber business members and their current employees can only obtain coverage during open enrollment effective January 1st. Applications for open enrollment must be received in the Chamber office by December 10th. There are some exceptions for current employees with qualifying events during the year. Enrollment during the year for new businesses must be received in the chamber office by the 10th of the month for coverage to be effective the following month.
· New employees of Clarence Chamber business members must enroll/apply within 30 days from their date of hire or they must wait for open enrollment.
· New Clarence Chamber business members and their employees may enroll for health insurance within 30 days of joining the Chamber or wait for open enrollment.
· Effective Dates: Coverage begins the first of the month; 30 days after receiving the application in the Chamber office.
· Each application must be accompanied by full payment for the quarter and:
1. Form NYS-45-ATT for the most recent quarter as proof of business ownership and employment. Carriers may require additional documentation. If the name of the employee enrolling in coverage does not yet appear on the NYS-45-ATT, proof of employment (pay stub) must be provided.
2. Non-refundable $25 application fee, payable to the Clarence Chamber of Commerce (for all new applicants) and a check for the full premium due are required with all new applications.
3. A $30 subscriber fee will be added to the quarterly premium per subscriber to cover the cost of providing benefits. Monthly billing is available on request with a $15 subscriber fee. Only one billing choice per business – either quarterly or monthly.
· Married couples must apply for family coverage. Exception: two single policies may be issued if each spouse is employed by a Clarence Chamber-member business, each working at least 20 hours per week and each appearing on a NYS-45-ATT.
· Retirees are not eligible for enrollment as the subscriber in the Chamber’s health insurance programs, but they may be enrolled as a dependent.